Donate to Garvan Institute

Donate to SIDS and Kids QLD

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Big Ride - Including Rainbow Ride

Having never cycled two days in a row, never cycled this sort of distance, and being NOT particularly good at climbing, my November leg of Challenge 7x7 had quite a few unknowns.

Fortunately Ben was there yet again to to take on this challenge with me. Also thanks to Brendon, James and Phil I had a few familiar faces around me for this epic ride.

Click on the image below to see the map and notes.


The Rainbow Ride section of this was tough for me but very rewarding. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone. I should have known I was in for it just from the ride up to the start line at Byron Lighthouse. I don't think my heart rate has ever before hit 180 bpm just getting to the start line of an event!

As we rolled back into Main Beach on Sunday afternoon, Ben and I both were experiencing serious hunger. So before we went home we rode our bikes straight into one of the local Thai restaurants for a much needed feed. Its amazing how some food, a swim in the pool and a beer can make all the pain go away.

As tough as it was, that was a seriously rewarding challenge. Next up is my Birthday run, the Kurrawa to Duranbah and back 50km run in the heat on December 13th. Would love to see you out on the course somewhere, or better still enter the 25km or 50km event yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment